I'M BACK. UNI. GRADUATION. LIFE UPDATE

10:23:00

Hello, my angels! I am back after a 3-year break. It's weird how a break away from everything can fully reset and recharge your passion and creativity. So where have I been and what I have been up to, you ask? Well, let me tell you!

2015-2016
Finished college with DDM (equivalent to AAB). Which is where my academic achievements wore off lol. That same year I went to visit some family in India and went to Dubai. I did a post on Dubai, I think that was one of my last posts (sorry for being MIA, but I am back again).

I then started university at Edgehill University. So in turn, this meant moving 4 hours away. 3 long train rides away from home. Now I am going, to be honest about living away from home and going to university. But I am going to keep it short and sweet as I think starting university is on my to do list for another blog post. It is okay to feel overwhelmed. It is okay to feel anxious and lonely. There are tons of places and people that are there to advise, listen and help. Join a lot of different societies, this way you will find people more on your wavelength. As not everyone on your course or who you live with will have the same interests as you (which is not a bad thing at all may I add).


2017
Moved unis so I could be closer to my mum. My sister and brother in law tied the knot and got married in a beautiful, traditional Hindu ceremony. I also landed a part-time job. This was a blessing in disguise as it is now helping me to get a step up in the career that I had never even considered. 


2018
Went on my second abroad hen to Barcelona which I absolutely loved. Barcelona is such a vibrant and beautiful place. 

 I passed my theory (after a fair few times). I passed my driving test... second time around (but all the best drivers pass the second time around, am I right?) I graduated from university, not with the grade I desired or expected, but nonetheless, I still graduated and that is still an achievement and something to be proud of. 

We're then in a horrible cycle of being told that we'll never get a job if we do not get good grades. Nonetheless just how important is academic success when you hit the real adult world?

I have been quite upset that I didn't graduate with the grade I wanted. I'm going, to be honest, I have cried hell of a lot over it as it has
 effectively ruled me out of a job with many large companies. It has forced me to scale back some of my aspirations. I realised fairly quickly that many graduate schemes were out of my reach so I would have to climb the ladder from the bottom. In a way that is a better prospect, as I will learn more, have more experience under my belt and built a lot of connections. So maybe this is a blessing in disguise? I have also learned the hard way that not every opportunity at work is going to be magically mine. I have to work extra hard to prove myself. And I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. There is a silver lining in every cloud. 


However, doing a life update has shown me that over the last 3 years I have achieved a lot, and I should be proud of how far I have come. 

What have you all been up too?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe